Responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental related functions to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards. Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry. This position is based out of Houston, TX; however, current areas of responsibility include East Coast, Gulf Coast and Mid-West regions.
Essential Job Functions
- Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company’s HSE policies.
- Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Develops and maintains relationships and communication channels with all locations.
- Position is a compliance, investigative, and forward thinking assignment that must act proactively on thoughts, outside information, and field reports.
- Responsible for implementing new safety programs, policies, and procedures, attend and audit training, performing gap assessments in the safety management system, participating in HSE internal audits, and closure verification.
- Responsible for implementing new environmental programs, policies, and procedures, attend and audit training, performing gap assessments in the environmental management system, conducting HSE internal audits, and closure verification.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, TCEQ…etc.). Manages Workers Compensation program, including required reporting, case management, and OSHA recording. Ensures compliance with all annual reporting requirements.
- Maintain and update necessary certifications and training. Conduct internal HSE meetings and training, and be prepared to present at any other required venues as deemed necessary.
- Assist in maintaining all health and safety document master copies as well as tracking and trending safety statistics.
- Monitor Job Hazard/Safety Analysis (JHA/JSA), and all other company initiated systems, maintain, and continually improve the effectiveness of these programs.
- Maintain and update audits and inspections for facility and equipment. Identify and report deficiencies, and bringing to closure all such deficiencies.
- Maintain a clear path of communication with all branch personnel assisting as needed.
- Implement administrative or engineering controls to abate or minimize safety hazards.
- Investigates industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- Tours Branch locations to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities; to identify and correct potential hazards; and to ensure compliance with safety & environmental regulations.
- Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices, and designs, builds, and installs, or directs installation of, safety devices on machinery.