Maintenance Engineering Manager - Packaging - Packaging - Pharmaceutical - Bio - Med Device
The Maintenance Engineering Manager will assume total maintenance responsibility for the facility in Woodstock, IL. Responsibilities include providing direction, vision and overall planning for the implementation of timely and proper maintenance of the packaging equipment and the physical plan and utilities of the facility in alignment with the overall plant objectives for improvement of Manufacturing Reliability. A major area of focus is the implementation of Lean tools to drive velocity improvements in plant operations. Responsibilities include providing leadership, organization, alignment, monitoring, and cGMP compliance.
II. Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
· Accountable for the design, engineering, procurement and maintenance of the facility and production equipment. Engineer and implement facility and equipment specifications and tolerances that meet customer and product requirements.
· Provide management direction to all assigned personnel, which include preparing and reviewing annual objectives and skills assessment along with mentoring/coaching all direct reports.
· Develop and implement the annual Maintenance operating budget. Participate in planning and implementing of the annual Capital budget.Analyze plant operations, creating and recommending changes and improvements to maximize throughput, uptime and efficiencies.
· Develop, maintain and administer an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working environment.
· Develop and achieve goals and objectives that support site and corporate goals and objectives.
· Manage spare part and maintenance supply system that ensures facility and equipment up time while managing within established site budget.
· Research and provide accurate facility and equipment information to support customer quoting process.
· Insures facility and equipment comply with all corporate, local, state and federal safety guidelines.
· Manages Safety processes through personal modeling of appropriate behavior and:
1. Safety awareness and training;
2. Injury prevention and management;
3. Safety policy accountability.
Customer Satisfaction Responsibility:
· Develops and sustains customer relationships through direct interaction, responsiveness and accountability associated with facility and equipment design, specification and capability. Maintains open communication with customers using appropriate tools as necessary. Insures compliance with all corporate and applicable regulatory SOP and cGMP guidelines
· Manages facility and equipment to optimize quality performance and through put to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
Operational Excellence Responsibility:
· Champions and fosters involvement by all levels of the organization of the implementation and maintenance of “Best Practice” processes, such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Standard Work,
Six Sigma, TQM and similar tools.
· Drives change initiatives, fostering associate involvement, to enhance teamwork, accountability
and sense of urgency throughout entire area of responsibility.
· Builds and develops a committed team to manage all aspects of facility and equipment as it applies to order fulfillment, including such business processes as personnel planning and scheduling, continuous improvement in productivity, quality and business processes and cost control.
· Establishes through visual management and continually enhances self-sustaining processes that drive associate involvement and support decision-making at the lowest possible level while maintaining compliance with all cGMP requirements and achieving business goals and objectives.
· Analyzes processes and initiates improvement projects using best practice techniques to reduce cycle time, increase throughput and quality and reduce costs.
· Maintains effective communication and relationships with BU and Quality Directors to insure organizational alignment and optimum utilization of resources.
· Forecasts and controls facility and equipment through the development and achievement of an annual budget.
· Identify, justify and manage facility and equipment capital expenditure initiatives
· Research, document and provide timely and detailed data to support facility and equipment specifications for all customers Request for Quotes (RFQ) for the Woodstock site.
· Identifies and establishes goals and metrics for area of responsibility that drive improvement and reflect and enhance Company initiatives and standards. Holds direct reports accountable for performance vs. metrics.
· Aligns with other functional leaders for unified action and establishment of reliable, self-sustaining processes that improve safety, quality, customer satisfaction and cost performance.
· Builds effective teams through hiring and development of direct reports, using performance management techniques including mentoring, rewards and recognition when appropriate, and discipline when necessary.
· Provides opportunity for success of all personnel by insuring they receive necessary and appropriate training for their job function. Provides opportunities for personal growth and advancement of associates.
· Effectively manages, and/or provides guidance to direct reports to manage, both hourly and salaried personnel relations including hiring, discipline, rewards and recognition.
· Manages daily staffing by balancing equipment maintenance and engineering activities to support production schedule and manage costs.